Induction cooktops and ranges will be very hot home products in 2011, in part because they help keep the kitchen cool. I never seize to be amazed at the simple physics behind induction cooking-it still amazes me that a cooking surface can be so cool and yet transfer so much heat to the cooking pan or skillet. But beyond this interesting phenomena, there are other advantages to induction cooking; it is much more energy efficient than either gas or electric; and of course the added safety of a cool cooking surface. Below we have incorporated 9 Modern and Sleek Induction Cooktops, hope you find them helpful.
1. 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop [amazon]
* Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120 volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage * Digital control panel * Built-in count-down digital timer with 5 min increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140?F to 460?F; 10 power levels from 200-1800Watts; 6 ft cord * Compatible with Duxtop Whole-Clad premium cookware and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron * The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved
2. All-Clad Stainless Steel Electric Induction Burner [amazon]
* All-Clad Electric Induction Burner * Stainless steel exterior with ceramic glass surface * Works with induction cookware * Low to high, 1-10 heat range * Select specific cooking options through the menu
3. GE Profile CleanDesign : PHP900DMBB 30 Induction Cooktop [amazon]
* 30" Induction Cooktop with 4 Induction Elements, Electronic Touch Controls, 19 Control Settings, Pan Presence/Size Sensors and ADA Compliant: Black * 11" Element (3700 Watts on High Setting) * Electronic Touch Controls replace traditional knob controls with digital buttons that are precise and easy to use and clean. * Choose from 19 different power levels to select the temperature that is perfect for your meal * * Actual Width : 29 3/4" * Actual Depth : 21 3/8" * Actual Height : 3 1/4" * Cutout Width : 28 1/8" * Cutout Depth : 19 5/8" * Cutout Height : 3 1/4"
4. Waring Pro ICT100 Professional Induction Cooktop [amazon]
* Induction cooktop with electromagnetic technology for fast heating * Consumes 85-percent less energy than conventional burners * Heat stops automatically 45 seconds after removal of a pot or pan * Simple touch controls include On/Off, 7 heat settings, and a 99-minute timer * Measures approximately 13-1/2 by 11 by 3 inches; Limited 5 year motor warranty and a limited 1 year product warranty
5. Magneflux BoilerPlate Portable Induction Cooktop 1800 Watts [amazon]
* Instant, even heating that works even faster than gas * No flame, no exposed heating element, no burns! * Efficient 84% transfer of energy to the pan. Easy to wipe clean. * Smart BoilerPlate automatically adjusts to any pan size * Uniform heating of your cookware means no burning from hot spots or rings!
6. KM5753 30 Touch Control Induction Cooktop [amazon]
It looks amazing, is well-made, energy efficient and will have all the benefits of induction. It will be nice to have something that doesn’t put out too much heat in the summer and will be easy to clean-up.
7. Portable Induction Cooktop Stove and Interface Disk Combination Set [amazon]
* Induction-powered cooktop stove and stainless-steel interface disk * 10 power levels; variable temperature from 140 to 450 degrees F * Heats instantly; cookware detection sensor and overheat sensor; timer * Disk placed on top of burner allows for cooking with any type of cookware * Cooktop stove measures approximately 13 by 13 by 4 inches; disk measures 8 by 15 by 1/2 inches
8. Double True Induction Cooktop [amazon]
* Overheating sensors recognize when no cookware is present and turns off. * Overflow sensors detect food boiling over and turns off unit. * Timer function & exact temperature setting for precise cooking * Melt chocolate /confectionaries without a double boiler * Comes with a 2 year Warranty!
9. Circulon Infinite Induction Cooker [amazon]
* Exceptionally energy efficient. 90% of the energy goes directly to the pan, compared to only 55% for gas and electric ranges. Water boils nearly twice as fast as gas or electric ranges. Less energy used means more environmentally friendly cooking. * The Infinite Circulon Portable Induction Burner features nine preset power levels from a low simmer to high. It also features seven preset cooking temperatures from 150 degrees F to 430 degrees F allowing you to maintain a constant cooking temperature. * A timer allows you to set the exact cooking time you need for up to 10 hours making this unit great for slow cooking * An easy to operate control panel conveniently slides out for operating and slides back in for easy storage. The glossy flat surface wipes clean with a soft, damp cloth. * Uses standard household electricity. Just plug it in to your outlet and you're ready to go.