12 Modern and Functional Cutting Boards
If you are bored with the old, regular and conventional cutting board, check this post. We have collected 12 modern and functional cutting board designs from the world which we are sure will speed up or increase the pleasure to your food preparation. So, are you ready to spice up your kitchen with these modern and functional cutting boards?
1. Over-the-Sink Cutting Boards [link]
Increase food-prep space with this ingenious kitchen tool. The solid maple board, fitted with an 18/10 stainless-steel mesh colander, straddles your sink to create a convenient area for rinsing, draining and chopping. The removable colander makes it easy to transport ingredients between sink and stove. Handcrafted in Vermont, the board reverses, so you can use one side for produce, the other for meats and poultry.
2. Encanal Carving Board [link]
Carving board for cooking. The channel in the middle makes sure that nothing falls out of the frying pan.
3. Bamboo Appetito Cutting Board [link]
A combination of form and function, the Bamboo Appetito is a cutting board designed to reinvent conventional food preparation. With traditional boards you have to sweep waste off to make room for more food. The Bamboo Appetito solves this problem with a split cutting surface and track running underneath that conceals a stainless steel utensil tray.
4. Pinzon Santoku Knives and Bamboo Cutting Board Set [link]
# Includes 5- and 7-inch santoku knives, bamboo storage drawer, and bamboo cutting board
# Blades stamped from 2mm-gauge stainless steel; double welding produces sharp edges
# Alternating hollows on blades allow slices to fall away; tangs extend to handles
# Hollow, stainless-steel handles are ergonomically designed
5. Cut & Carve Double Sided Cutting/Serving Board [link]
This double sided chopping board has a meat grip, an easy pour lip for gravy and juices and a nice big flat surface with a lip that is perfect for serving or cutting breads, veggies or whatever else you’re whipping up in the kitchen!
6. Index Chopping Boards [link]
These four color-coded polypropylene chopping boards are designed to avoid cross-contamination of various food types: red/raw meat, white/cooked foods, blue/fish, green/vegetables. The boards are stored in an ABS plastic horizontal filing unit with a non-slip rubber bottom. Boards are dishwasher safe.
7. Folding Cutting Board [link]
Chop foods on this multi-purpose cutting board and then fold it into a chute to transfer ingredients without spills. Made of polypropylene.
8. Ventiquattro Cutting Board [link]
Jorre Van Ast, Mathias Hahn & Tomás Alonso collaborated to design the Ventiquattro Food Bag – a cutting board made of American oak and paired with a flush, sterling silver knife. Come with a washable synthetic bag.
9. Pinzon Round Bamboo Chopping Block with Inset Mezzaluna [link]
# Round, reversible bamboo chopping block with mezzaluna inset
# Flat side for everyday chopping; bowl-shaped side for mezzaluna’ s curved blade
# Chopping block made from bamboo, a renewable resource; more durable than maple
# Food-safe, stain-free, hard surface; 10 inches in diameter and 2-3/4 inches high
10. ES cutting board [link]
“Unusual in design, the board breaks with conventional boards by establishing a slope, allowing liquids to run freely to a collection drain from where they can be poured easily away. The cutting angle and single-hand lifting are other ergonomic working benefits of ES. The product is reversible so that meat and vegetables can be prepared separately. Non-slip, reversible, hygienic and durable HD-PE, light weight, and dish washable are other features.
And the last two are still concept designs and which one you want to come true more?
11. Cutting Board Scale [link]
This cutting board has an integrated scale within a defined area on it’s surface. This allows a person to both cut and measure ingredients on the same surface with very little extra effort. Simply put, it precisely reduces the steps of preparation, dishes to clean, and time wasted. There has been a tranformative trend in cooking based around the science of food. Central to this is the idea that precise measurement leads to more possibilities for new flavors. Recipies will become more demanding, requiring simple ways to be precise in the kitchen.
12. LCD Cutting Board [link]
Created by Nardo Design, the Digital Cutting Board features a built in LCD allowing users to download and display recipes of their choice.
3 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Most Viewed Posts
- 17 Fun and Useful Baking Pans for Kitchen Lover
- 13 Modern and Unusual Showers/Shower Heads
- 12 Modern and Functional Cutting Boards
- 14 Modern and Creative Sink/Wash Basin Designs
- 10 Creative and Modern Coffee Maker Designs
- 15 Modern and Stylish Bathtub Designs
- 8 Creative and Useful Electrical Outlets/Sockets
- 9 Stylish and Unique Snake Jewelry Designs
- 15 Modern and Stylish Jewelry Stands
- Keyboards Around Us – 11 Keyboard Inspired Products
- 7 Cool and Unusual Plates Design
- 10 Cool Gadgets for Barbecue Season
- 4 Cool Trash Cans
- Cookie Time: 7 Fun and Cool Cookie Cutters
- 6 Cool and Unusual Espresso Machine
- 7 Cool Umbrella Stands
- 7 Cool and Cute Bear Shaped Products
- 8 Cool and Modern Tea Sets
- 7 Cool and Creative Planters
- 7 Beautiful Wooden Products Design